Sunday, April 13, 2014

Presentation Thoughts

This week my group had to do a mock presentation of our application to the rest of the class. It was a rather strange experience, in that there was not really enough time for the four of us to each speak in a fluid manner, leaving a single speaker and three generally silent members.

It felt strange to me, to be a silent figure at the front of the class. The role seems to imply some form of direct interaction upon my part with the presentation, although really there wasn't any. There was plenty of indirect interaction, through showing the body language of approval and interest in what my team member was talking about, but that was about it.

I was not dissatisfied with my team members presentation, on the contrary, I thought that it was very well done. It only felt as though there should have been more time, or I should have not been standing there. This isn't really a critique against the professor, because I am well aware that this situation occurs all the time. I just wish there was a more organic way to deal with this type of presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment