Saturday, March 15, 2014

Full working stack

As of a few days ago my team has assembled a full working stack for our project. This felt like a very good milestone for us. Prior to this we had a lot of the pieces together, but there was always some fear that assembling them would cause the entire thing to fall apart.

While this feels like a great victory for us, it is also quite scary. I feel like we are almost finished with the product, and yet, there is still so much time left in the semester. More so, there is still a lot of important pieces we need to put into place, particularly, we need to start building our data set to drive our application. While the core program is in a mostly functional alpha state, it is useless without data to drive it.

I guess this is the "Sag" that was discussed in class. I know I am starting to feel what that word means, in more than one way. So much done, but still much more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment