Saturday, March 29, 2014

Polish

As of a few days ago our application is in a really nice state. Most of the features that we needed to implement are implemented. This really feels like a good place to be in. Now our development will probably shift to more candy features. Accounts, better GUI, more useful user feedback, etc.

I am finding it very hard, as we move into this set of feature development to stay really excited about these features. I find myself wishing to develop more large sweeping features, rather than these small ones. It is difficult to remind myself that it is these small features that will actually make the application successful. The devil is in the details, as the phrase goes.

It is a strange realization, that the use of a particular tool is not generally a function of its usefulness, but rather its polish. I mean, it still has to work, but it seems what really makes an application successful are these candy features.

No comments:

Post a Comment